Here at Visionary Cabinetry & Design, we’re looking to provide clients with a beautiful and functional new aspect of their home. Our extensive experience has turned the Bloomfield Hills area homes into that of one's dreams. It’s our goal to maximize the potential of a client's home. Whether someone is searching for a bathroom or kitchen remodel, we’re confident we can achieve it in your particular living style.
We offer an extensive number of services. Those services include kitchen design, cabinetry, bathrooms, home office, and wine cellar remodeling.
In recent years, natural materials, textures, and pieces have been more apparent in the home. The goal is for homes to provide more natural light and earthy tones. This gives the chance for a home to be more aesthetically pleasing. If you are considering remodeling your home or a space within, we suggest opening the home up with natural materials that will provide an overall better functionality to the space. Let’s continue to talk about the best ways to incorporate a more natural-looking design while remodeling.
How to Remodel a Room with Natural Materials
Incorporating elements from nature into a living space is the essence of natural material interior design. The design style highlights the use of materials that are found in nature, such as wood, stone, metal, and plant life, to create an organic and harmonious atmosphere within a living space. The objective is to establish a connection with the natural world, while prioritizing simplicity and sustainability.
Over the years, the use of natural materials in interior design has gained popularity, with many individuals desiring a serene and tranquil home environment.
What Materials to Use
- Wood: We’d suggest materials like wood flooring or ceiling beams to add a lighter wood element to your home. Our talented carpenters can create wood-paneled walls which is a great opportunity for texture in your remodeled home.
- Stone: There are a variety of natural stones that can be used in order. For stone countertops, granite and quartz in the kitchen are extremely common. For a contrasting backsplash, there are several options you can go with. Slate has texture and comes mostly in a deep gray color. River rock and soapstone are also options to have a different look that be sure to be unique. You could also opt for marble, travertine or granite with the more modern approach to backsplashes. One can even go as far as adding this material in as an accent wall to create a more sophisticated look.
- Metal: Incorporating copper or brass is best when adding textural levels to your living space. For example, light fixtures, door knobs, or handles are a great way to add a small pop of natural material to these spaces.
- Natural Fabrics: Continuing on more of the designing aspect, cotton and linen are best used to dress up your living spaces. Curtains on your windows can provide a light and minimalist touch.
- Plants: A more literal definition of bringing nature into your home is by doing exactly that. Plants provide a clean and natural element to any home. This is one of the best ways to add texture to your home as well as clean the atmospheric space.
The Benefits of Natural Materials
Integrating natural materials into your custom home design can provide a multitude of benefits. Foremost, natural materials have a distinct texture and aesthetic that contributes to a warm and welcoming ambiance. They can imbue a sense of tranquility and comfort, thereby creating a serene and peaceful living space. In addition, natural materials are often more robust and durable than synthetic materials, making them a wise investment in the long term.
Certain natural materials, like wood and stone, possess an ageless quality that can enhance your home’s value and increase its resale potential. Moreover, natural materials are versatile and can be utilized in various ways throughout your home, such as for flooring, countertops, furniture, and decoration.
What Are the Costs?
The cost for remodeling and materials is going to be different for each client and what they are asking for. In general, natural materials aren’t necessarily more expensive than another material that you could use in your home remodel. The best way to figure out what the cost of a room or home remodel is going to cost you is by gathering a list of materials you want and reaching out to us. Contact Visionary Cabinetry & Design to receive a quote on your remodeling dreams.
Why You Should Work With Visionary Cabinetry & Design
As a custom-remodeling company, we take our clients ideas and needs into account. Our services encompass kitchen, bathroom, office, closet, mudroom remodeling and more. We have custom products that can be created uniquely for each client.
Each project is special to our inclusive team and will be with you every step of the way. From design to installation, you can start making plans with one company and follow through to completion. You won’t need multiple companies to coordinate together, saving you stress and hassles. rRequest a consultation here to talk about your remodeling dreams or give us a call at (248) 850-7178.